Lifestyle|Beauty|Fashion

Fashion, Beauty, and a Lifestyle blog from a small cat's prospective.

Ulta Haul | MOTD



I've really been needing a new setting powder so decided to make a trip to Ulta, and of course I ended up splurging a little. Typical Selena. The Ulta near my house recently changed it's shop front a little and now carries Lancome products! I'm super excited for them to restock their products and actually ended up buying a setting powder that's super lightweight and and has a nice satin finish. I bought it for my under eye areas to set my concealer and my highlighted parts so I got it in the lightest color.



Staying on topic with new products Ulta is carrying, a new makeup brand called Makeup Revolution has been added and I've honestly never hear of it before??? And I was very curious because the prices are comparably to NYX Cosmetic's so I decided to try a few things out to see if the quality was up to par as well.
Makeup Revolution:
Mermaids Forever Eyeshadow Palette ($10) Cream Concealers ($15) Extreme Highlight ($6)

So off the bat I enjoyed the packaging simple and cute. Before buying I asked a few of the employees and asked if they've ever heard anything about the brand and apparently it's gotten great reviews. What the hell, why not right? Initially I was surprised with how many different products there were. They had baked bronzer palettes, blush palettes, a handful of different eyeshadow palettes, cream concealers in different shades, as well as highlighters. It's usually pretty hard to find decent highlighters in low end makeup brands so I was a bit intrigued to say the least lol. However, I'm very disappointed with the formulas of each of the products :/

The eyeshadows are too bad for the price. They remind me of BH Cosmetics or Coastal Scents shadows. A little bit more on the chalkier side, and for some reason some colors had more pigment and blend more easily than others so it's kind of annoying. I applied the orangy color to my hand with a blending brush and it all kind of sticks to one spot and took a lot of effort to blend out. I really wanted to like these shades just because I don't really own any colorful palettes but the quality just doesn't work for me.


Next! Concealers. Once again, not my favorite. For a lower end brand I'm excited to see palettes like this but the formula is really very waxy and has more of a sheer application. Don't really have anything else to say about it. 

Alright, last and definitely the least favorite. This is for sure a dupe of Nars' Albatross, it looks white but when applied it's a very intense gold color. The application isn't smooth at all and I feel like it's a bit blotchy :/ 

I really really wanted to like this brand, but the formula of the products in the end just don't cut it for me :/ a part of me wants to keep them and give them a second chance but I don't really see that happening. I feel like palette wise, Morphe offers the better quality for similar products. I feel like for someone who is new to makeup and want to get some nice palettes for your growing collection but still keep it on the cheaper side I definitely think this brand is good for that (I would recommend NYX instead but they actually don'y have pretty eye shadow palettes.) I think I've just become very picky with my makeup and overall just don't think the products suit me. 

The Balm Cosmetics
Mary-lou Manizer | Bahama Mama | Cheater Mascara

The only things I own from the Balm is the Nudetude palette, which is amazing. (you can peep the review here.) I hate buying makeup online and Sephora and Ulta don't carry their products so I just never really looked into it even though I know EVERYONE and their moms rave about the mary- lou manizer highlighter. A few weeks back I was randomly strolling through Kohls, and to my sweet surprised they carried the balm products (⌒ω⌒) so you know ya girl had to try things out. I picked up a few other things I've heard some talk about and have yet to really try things out. I can't wait tot put these babies to use. 

aaaaaaand

A makeup of the day, yay. I didn't do too much differently today, I'd say this is my everyday look HOWEVER. I have changed up my mascara and have been using the Manga Lashes mascara by Covergirl I think? So far so good.

Product list:

ABH dipbrow pomade in Dark Brown
Cover|FX Cosmetics - Cream Contour in Medium (warm)
Urban Decay - Halfbaked on lids
it cosmetics - Bye Bye Undereye Concealer in light-medium

Comments

  1. You are the most stunning girl I swear!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    With love,
    Suzy ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to try out the concealer palette, maybe in the dark shades to contour ?

    http://styleflaw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did have darker concealer palettes! For the price you really can't not try them out.

      Delete
  3. Love that eyeshadow palette such beautiful colours! I'm so excited to move to LA then I can finally visit Ulta!

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are beautiful colors! Just not great pigmentation :(

      Delete
  4. amazing haul! thank you for sharing
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bright palette looks so perfect! :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got the Mary-Lou Manizer! Eeek, I'm so jealous of you! They always run out of stock and can never seem to get my hands on them! Such a shame the concealer palette is waxy, I hate waxy concealers....

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so excited! It's so amazing I love it :')

      xx

      Delete
  7. That eyeshadow palette is gorgeous! And that Mary Lou Manizer is amazing too <3
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear the eyeshadows didn't work out! The colors are so pretty though.

    I love your look at the end! What lip color is that? (:

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I ended up returning everything ):

      And it's the lipstick color Marvelous Moxie by Bare Minerals!

      Delete
  9. Awww too bad, the revolution highlighter looks so pretty on the pan :/

    Visit VALENCIALALA.blogspot.com // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it kind of looked like the new ABH highlighter so I thought it might be a good dupe but it wasn't :/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love hearing from you and feel free to drop your links I'm always looking for new blogs to scroll through :>