Lifestyle|Beauty|Fashion

Fashion, Beauty, and a Lifestyle blog from a small cat's prospective.

July mini haul! Lime Crime Venus Pallet - ABH

 Once again I fail to keep up with weekly blog posts, but I'm excited to present an early mini July makeup haul! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Macy's actually carries a bunch of ABH products including the liquid lipstick and concealer.

I got this in the color Bloodline I believe and I actually work it all day on the 4th of July ( ´ ꒳ ` ) It stays pretty much all day and looks amazing. The only thing no one ever talks about with these lipsticks is THAT THEY SMELL SO FREAKN BAD. It's horrible. I almost returned it because I hated them smell so much when applying. It smells similar to burnt rubber or something along those lines. It goes away after you're done applying it which makes me think it's the actual packaging or something. I probably wont be buying anymore if they all smell this way lol ;~;

My main goal was to figure out my shade in her concealers. I've waited a while on this product since the shades it ranges from 1.0-7.0 which kind of makes it a little harder to order online, even if they're swatched and able to see in pictures it's a bit awkward to choose. Shade 2.0 is darker than 2.5 bc of some undertone nonsense and so on. My point is that I was finally able to actually try it on my own skin :> I got it in the lightest shade, 1.0 I'm not incredibly lightskinned so I was a bit surprised that I had to use the lightest shade. I'm usually a light-medium shade in concealers so I'm not entirely sure what those with more fair skin skin would use since 1.0 is more on the yellow side.

Other than that the application is pretty smooth. When I first used it I didn't really like the coverage because it's not that heavy duty like people say but it's pretty buildable I guess. I just don't really like to apply layers of concealer because it can cause cakeyness :/

And last but not least easily one of my new favorites! Everything about the Venus Grunge palette is awesome, the color pay off is great and it's so pigmented and blendable it makes the core of my soul warm and fuzzy.

I just want to make a note that even though Aura looks like it's be a cute shimmery light yellow it actually applies more white than anything. (this photo is also post-swatch so don't mind all the little fingerprints, I couldn't wait until the next morning until my mini photo op lol)

motd


Also the same day I bought Inglot's gel liner in 76 & 77 (white and black) the same day and it took me a while to warm up to them but they're actually amazing, lasts forever and dries matte :-)

My next post will be about STROBING! I love a good highlight so I'm excited to make it :>

Comments

  1. That lipstick shade is gorgeous on you. That eyeshadow palette works so well for Summer, but also has so many nice Autumnal shades!

    Kat ♥ www.pastelwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lipstick shade is gorgeous on you. That eyeshadow palette works so well for Summer, but also has so many nice Autumnal shades!

    Kat ♥ www.pastelwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's such an amazing palette ♡(.◜ω◝.)♡

      Delete
  3. Very Beautiful!

    www.TheFollowFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Beautiful!

    http://kuckr.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love hearing from you and feel free to drop your links I'm always looking for new blogs to scroll through :>